Note: This is a fairly rambling explanation of recent events. I assume that you have at least a passing knowledge of LVM and its terminology. This was written to prove that it is possible to recover from pvmove failing (in certain cases) due to the way it performs its operations and backs up metadata.
After some messing around, I thought I’d share a fix I’ve found for a problem I’ve been having with gvim on my home Linux machine. Basically, the issue was that gvim would be missing the menu bar. My guioptions had “m” (display menubar) enabled, and $VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim was being sourced. No matter what I tried, the [...]